Twitter can generate qualified leads at a lower cost than most of the other major ad platforms... but only if it's used intelligently (which of course here at Sherpa it is!) This means we are constantly nurturing continuous, real-time engagement with our customers and prospects, and you should be too!
Read on for a more astute guide to twitter lead generation but if you're only after a quick one then go for the hubspot blog on 10 Quick Tips for Generating Leads on Twitter.
So, if you're still reading then you're after something a little more meaningful than just a few quick tips (personally I commend you for that) and now, you shall get what you're after...
These are a form of paid ads that appear in a user's feed, targeted to users and followers who fit a specified criteria. Promoted Tweets can be used for demand generation for new content assets, demos or even upcoming events.
You can target users based on the following:
... and this is how a promoted tweet looks in a user's timeline:
Having scrolled across a pottery company targeting an IT marketing agency in my search for a promoted tweet... you can draw your own conclusion as to whether they were successful in lead generation in this scenario.
Every promoted Tweet we run leads to a form, which improves our chances of gaining user data. Promoted Tweets are run on a Cost-Per-Click basis, much like Facebook Ads (speaking of which you can read our blog on 5 tips for generating leads on Facebook here)
Promoted Accounts and Trends
Twitter also offers two additional promoted ad options - Accounts and Trends. With Promoted Accounts, businesses can make their Twitter accounts show up under the 'Who to follow' list - targeted based on who a user typically follows, be it an advertiser or industry thought leader. (see below)
Promoted Trends enable a business or individual to promote a particular trend or hashtag which appears under 'trends' on the left of a user's screen. However this carries a hefty price tag - according to Mashable placement costs around $200,000!
If paying $200,000 for appearing in a little box on the far left of a user's screen for nothing more than a follow seems a little steep to you, then you can read about the (considerably lower) costs of outsourcing your IT Marketing in our guide.
A Few Words of Caution
A little self promotion is always good for business, however, if your entire tweet history is about you and your company, then you're doing it wrong.
Generally, the 80/20 rule is accepted, 80% of your content should be helpful or entertaining to your followers and the remaining 20% should be promotional.
It turns out Twitter really is a lead generating machine, but then again so are most of the worldwide, multi-million user social media platforms - surprised? If you want to learn more about the others then download our Ebook on the science behind successful Facebook advertising.
Alas, above all the high budget and analytical advice I can give you for generating leads on twitter, the best, by far, is displaying genuine human gratification and emotion to anyone who engages with any piece of your content. This builds real relationships and, even in this day and age, it can't be beaten.
post by topic
- ABM (23)
- Demand Generation (17)
- Online Marketing (16)
- Inbound Marketing for Technology Companies (14)
- News (14)
- Sherpa News (14)
- Content Marketing Strategy (12)
- Lead Follow-Up (8)
- Lead Management (8)
- Social Media (8)
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) (7)
- Lead Scoring (7)
- personalisation (6)
- sales and marketing alignment (6)
- Martech (5)
- Blended Sales & Marketing (4)
- Buyers' Journey (4)
- Channel Marketing (3)
- Optimisation (3)
- Resellers (3)
- SEO (3)
- Technology Marketing (3)
- The IT Marketing Agency (3)
- CSR (2)
- Charity Events (2)
- Website Data (2)
- video (2)
- Events (1)
- Harvard Business Review (1)
- Team (1)
- birthday (1)
- email (1)
- hubspot (1)